Ukraine – A message from Harvey Nash Group CEO
I am very saddened, and shocked, to follow the situation in Ukraine.
Harvey Nash Group don’t have operations in Ukraine, but we have a number of Ukrainian nationals across our business, as well as other colleagues who are affected by what is happening. Our thoughts go to everyone who is affected by this desperate situation.
How we are responding
Right now there are hundreds of thousands of people – mostly women and children – who are migrating towards the Polish border, creating a major refugee influx.
At Group level we will be making a donation to SOS Children’s Villages; an independent, non-governmental, nonprofit international supporting children who have lost parental care. Our donation will potentially support many hundreds of children in need.
We are also working closely with our Polish business, and even in these difficult times it has been inspiring to see how Harvey Nash Group colleagues are responding. Our business in Poland has:
- Made the decision to redirect the funds from their planned incentive trip in 2022 to humanitarian charities supporting the refugee situation
- Given time off to all those affected by the situation to help them support their families and loved ones
- Made donations to local charities giving food, clothes, children’s toys and other supplies
- Helped arrange temporary accommodation for those affected
- Set up advice and support lines for all affected colleagues
We will also be looking at how we can support our wider contractor and client community.
Clearly the situation is evolving and there is more that may be required over time. In situations like these I feel frustrated that we can’t do more, but I hope these first steps are targeted in the right way to make a difference. We will keep reviewing over time.
I sincerely hope peace returns to Ukraine as soon as possible.
Bev White, CEO Harvey Nash Group